Saranac Pellett insert problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHN V. BECKWITH

Dec 17, 2007
LITCHFIELD COUNTY,CT
On 12/12/07 I had a Saranac Pellet insert installed and think I have a Problem. We are running the stove on setting #2 and find that after about 12 hours the Burn Pot gets plugged with ash that is not a powder. It is solid and has to be scrapped out. When this happens the Auger activates every 10 seconds. Could the Problem be the Pellets. We use the Barefoot Premium brand.

Hey, Jbeck - is there an address or anything else on your owners manual?

I assume you bought this "mail order"? - if so, not a good idea for Pellet Stoves.......well, in some cases for all stoves, unless it is a very well known brand and you are assured of proper service, support and warranty.

Either way, we can hopefully try to help you - but first we have to figure out whose stove this is - probably a re-labeled unit from another maker....

Rod, what does it look like?

Attachments

• hudson.jpg
    hudson.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 511
OK, first part of mystery solved......

Made by:
Inca Metal Cutting Ltd.
2771 Viscount Way
Richmond, BC V6V 2X4
604-231-8923
604-231-8924 fax
[email protected]

They also trade under:
http://www.savannahheating.com/
see your insert here:
http://www.savannahheating.com/html/products.html

Sold by:
BAC Sales, Inc.
1871 Route 9H
Hudson, NY 12534
Phone: 518-828-6363

Bac sales is a distributor on the east coast for a lot of stoves, including VC, PE, etc.

There are probably having this private labeled from the Canadian company.

Since no one here is likely to be familiar with these models, you should start at BAC for questions. The unit is obviously pretty new and under warranty, so they should help you get going fast.

Looks like a copied Enviro EF3 with a Meridian control board

Might this company make other units? - they are in Vancouver as per the canadian zip - looks like they also have relations with Monesson, as per the Lexington Forge, but that may just be a sales relationship.

Although no reflection on the units themselves, the outfit(s) that are selling them are not "customer friendly examples" in my opinion......I had some interesting experiences with them (speaking of Homeclick and the MANY other sites that are owned by the same outfit).....

Im not sure about his company.

But I feel sorry for the people that buy PELLET or GAS stoves online
Just to save a few dollars.
Im sorry but if you have a problem. It is kind of your fault for not buying from someone that you can go see them face to face and Get it fixed.

JBECK, don't take this personally, we would help if we could, but since the stove is made by a virtually unknown company in our industry, and sold by another company not known for their customer service, it is a tough nut. If someone actually know, they will post here.

Otherwise, you have a LOT of info to go on....contact BAC sales, since I know that Homeclick won't know anything! They are just order-takers (Homeclick operates a number of web sites, which all sell largely the same products)....

On the larger issue, buying something from afar or online......if this is going to be done (and there are possible good reasons), the buyer should make 100% certain that they have a "rock of Gibraltar" company standing behind them....example, Woodstock Soapstone has a 6 month "buy it back" warranty.....I think they even pay shipping! So, please, buyers beware! Do your homework, and always remember your credit card company will usually stand behind you if the seller of a product does not!

Status
Not open for further replies.