Saranac Tasman 40,000i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaranacSam

Jul 18, 2014
Nevada
Howdy all,

New to the forum and first time Pellet Stove user.

I'm in Nevada, high desert. Winter temps from low teens to below 0….

I've scanned the threads and found some people who are down on these stoves, and some say
they're OK. Luckily It has a manual, no idea what year model it is, I gather it matters for ordering parts-
how do I find out? I've Googled for dealers in NV, no luck…..who are people using for suppliers??

Any suggestions, tips or info in general about this stove and Pellet Stove use in general appreciated….

I don't know where the label is on the insert but you need to locate the testing label, on the standalone it is inside the right (facing the front of the stove) side door. There is a serial number a call to Inca Metal can get you the year.

Parts can be had from several hearth and stove repair places. The parts are all off the shelf except for the controller there were several versions of the controller.

My bucket of parts is going to see season number seven. You need to pay attention to combustion airflow issues there were several.

They need to be maintained and that means amoung other things decent and regular cleanings, the cleanings are driven by the actual pellets you are burning and how well the combustion airflow is going through the burn pot.

I don't know where the label is on the insert but you need to locate the testing label, on the standalone it is inside the right (facing the front of the stove) side door. There is a serial number a call to Inca Metal can get you the year.

Parts can be had from several hearth and stove repair places. The parts are all off the shelf except for the controller there were several versions of the controller.

My bucket of parts is going to see season number seven. You need to pay attention to combustion airflow issues there were several.

They need to be maintained and that means amoung other things decent and regular cleanings, the cleanings are driven by the actual pellets you are burning and how well the combustion airflow is going through the burn pot.
HELP !! I cannot find an igniter at Grainger, said they do not carry…? Called Pellet stove Store and they said they thought Inca Cutting was out of business, and parts were discontinued…???

As usual, Smokey hits the nail on the head.........

I have no complaints with my Saranac. There are many stoves out there that are better, and many that are worse. You get what you pay for. My stove paid for itself in oil savings the first two years I had it.

www.eastcoasthearth.com has been my parts supplier for many years. The owner is a member of this forum and most importantly, is a great guy always willing to help out.

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
As usual, Smokey hits the nail on the head.........

I have no complaints with my Saranac. There are many stoves out there that are better, and many that are worse. You get what you pay for. My stove paid for itself in oil savings the first two years I had it.

www.eastcoasthearth.com has been my parts supplier for many years. The owner is a member of this forum and most importantly, is a great guy always willing to help out.

I too have bought from Don and would do it again in a heart beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.