Saskatchewan or Alberta Wood Bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLVTCH

Sep 24, 2014
Saskatchewan, Canada
I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, where it gets down to -40 in the dead of winter. I have a couple cords of well seasoned jack pine, as well as a continuing supply of hardwood lumber scraps; I was thinking of adding to my wood supply with some compressed wood bricks to ensure I don't run out. Problem is, the only place here where I can source anything is at the big box stores like Home Depot or Rona where the price is over $0.50/pound. Which is ridiculous and I can't see who pays that much.

Getting down to the question, is there anyone in Saskatchewan or maybe Alberta that sells these wood bricks at a decent price per ton? You guys down south of the border seem to get everything cheaper, even my PE stove made in Canada is quite a bit cheaper down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.