Satisfying sight!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Stover

Minister of Fire
Dec 25, 2010
Southern IN
A few weeks back I saw some logs lying on a lot and stopped by to ask about the wood. The guy was at work but I talked to his wife. She said they had a wood stove in the basement and thought he planned to use it this winter. She figured they would get around to splitting it in a couple of months. Well, I put on my "Dennis hat" and gave her the dry-wood spiel. I happened to go by there yesterday and, whaddya know, they had it split and stacked! :cool: I didn't get a real close look at the logs, or the stacked wood, but it sure looked like Silver Maple from where I stood. If so, that stuff might be pretty dry by the time they need it (we're finally getting some good drying weather here.) Once in a while, what you are saying will make sense to somebody and they'll try something different than what they've done in the past. I hope their house is nice and toasty this winter. :)

" Once in a while, what you are saying will make sense to somebody and they'll try something different than what they've done in the past."

Then, there's my brother.:mad:
Thought I had him going in the right direction for the last couple years, but now they have less than 2 cord c/s/s in the yard and no more on the way.
They use about 4/season.
Good on ya for that Woody.

Reactions: ScotO
Good deal. Glad in a way its not Red Oak. Well sir that will be seasoned in about 5 years or so.:)

Wish someone would have stopped and told my old man about this when he was young. I would of hauled and stacked a lot less wood in my youth.

Nice job, Woody! I like to see good deeds done like this. What's really satisfying is that you, even though it may never be realized, may have saved them from a flue fire or even worse.......

I love these kinds of posts. Shows there are still lots of good people on the planet still!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice job, Woody! I like to see good deeds done like this. What's really satisfying is that you, even though it may never be realized, may have saved them from a flue fire or even worse.......

I love these kinds of posts. Shows there are still lots of good people on the planet still!
I don't feel like I did too much, other than just pass on what I've learned from the good folks here. :cool:
And yes, I did mention that with drier wood there would be less gunk in the flue and less chance of a chimney fire. :)

You may not feel like you did much but you really did Woody.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Status
Not open for further replies.