Saturation Point?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elkimmeg said:
I change the title back to the original intent of the post. For some reason, without explanation, it was edited and not by me

I guess the question is whether you want people to know what your thread is about, or whether you would rather they waste time reading it even if they have no interest. In general, please try to title your posts in a relevant fashion - it shows respect for your readers. You can only imagine if everyone came up with "headlines" for their post titles...

Read this or melt
The world is ending
I'm hot, hot, hot
My day today
This American Life
Don't read this post....

Hopefully, you get my drift. Then again, you may not.....

As far as explanation, for the tenth time.....moderation does NOT come with explanation! Next thing you know, there will be threads debating the explanations called:

He did that to me.....
Why you do the things you do
He's a soul man
I feel good

Craig- if anyone starts a thread titled "He did that to me.." I'm definetly gonna read it.Human nature?Yes... it's the same reason we read the "Enquirer" while waiting in line to pay for groceries.Reality isn't half as fun as bulls$#t.

TS Eliot once said brevity is the soul of wit Saturation point ,was not just pellet supplies, but perhaps including the stoves themselves

It was simple dual purpose, a chosen two words

Not read this you will die IT was never intended as an attention grabber. IT was the first two words that came to mind

It's that simple Now if some want to read more into it and make a big deal out of it, Be my guest. IT was presented just for discussion period

mtalea said:
All very good reading here. I believe I know where pellets come from...scrap wood. etc; but my question is how do they get the wood to use for pellets? And cant there be a system setup? for example...Lets say my city had a pellet maker....I call them and say,hey Im building a house right now.is it ok to drop off all my wood scraps into your bins? or ask for a bin onsite..etc;

Or am i way off here?

the dumpsters that the contractors use are it. construction scraps only. at least here in massachusetts. there is a tree service about a mile from here that sells anything to do with tree material and they are a wood dump. if you had anything to do with wood you don't want they take it. they have a huge pile there now. what they do with it i'm not sure, but they do sell all the varietys of bark and wood mulch. they either make mulch out of that scrap wood or sell it to a mill. goose you might have seen the place community tree.

A lot of trees are chipped up and supply Wood chip electricity generation.. Part of what I witnessed on construction sites is a lot of waste wood mixed in
with junk ending up in land fills. I have said all along we should recycle the wood. Be it for pellets, bio bricks. but use it and not deposit it in landfills.

It's going to take education and incentives to recycle wood. Members that do not know me personally but I believe it is my job to leave this patch of ground better then when I arrived

And that means being green. You bet I make a good effort each week recycling. Hopefully it rubbed off on my children.

Actually at first I thought this thread was going to be about wet wood. I was pleasantly surprised when I happened to open it up and check it out.

fbelec said:
mtalea said:
All very good reading here. I believe I know where pellets come from...scrap wood. etc; but my question is how do they get the wood to use for pellets? And cant there be a system setup? for example...Lets say my city had a pellet maker....I call them and say,hey Im building a house right now.is it ok to drop off all my wood scraps into your bins? or ask for a bin onsite..etc;

Or am i way off here?

the dumpsters that the contractors use are it. construction scraps only. at least here in massachusetts. there is a tree service about a mile from here that sells anything to do with tree material and they are a wood dump. if you had anything to do with wood you don't want they take it. they have a huge pile there now. what they do with it i'm not sure, but they do sell all the varietys of bark and wood mulch. they either make mulch out of that scrap wood or sell it to a mill. goose you might have seen the place community tree.

I've seen it, and have purchased mulch from them in the past. They don't want to do "chop & drop" tree cutting though - their preference is to take your tree away (after charging you handsomely for doing so, they were among my higher estimates) and then sell it back to you as cut and split. They also didn't sell "log length" when I asked. However they are among the more visible tree places, so I guess they do well with it.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.