Saturday afternoon cutting.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood butcher

Jan 16, 2011
South Western Ontario
I had a load of logs dropped off last week for 2013/14. And so the fun begins. Yesterday it was -10C and sunny. This is what three tanks of fuel cuts with the Dolmar 123, It's running well for a 26 year old saw.
There is a mix of soft ample, cherry, ash and some oak variety. There is normally an odd species in there too. I get about 22 face cord at 16" long.

Attachments

• IMG_1129.jpg
    IMG_1129.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 367
Looks real good and a beautiful day to cut - happy splitting! Cheers!

Looks good Butcher. I bought a load of logs once many years ago. Makes a pile of firewood in a hurry. Sound like some good hardwood varieties too.

wood butcher said:
I had a load of logs dropped off last week for 2013/14. And so the fun begins. Yesterday it was -10C and sunny. This is what three tanks of fuel cuts with the Dolmar 123, It's running well for a 26 year old saw.
There is a mix of soft ample, cherry, ash and some oak variety. There is normally an odd species in there too. I get about 22 face cord at 16" long.

Looks great wood butcher, how was the wind?

zap

It that a deer stand or shootin house in the background, the thing up on posts?

Nice quality wood. That will keep you busy for awhile. Enjoy the weather.

Zapny- there was only a very light breeze and I was in the lee of the house, but in the breeze it was nasty.
Clemsonfor- that is the kids old play house. We don't have many deer in our area, They stay in the bush in between the farms so half a mile in either direction.
The weather forecast looks good for next Saturday, you know where to find me.

Looks great. Nice pics.
Will you split it this winter or wait till spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.