Saturday Mornings Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The Sugar Maple pictured will rot where I had to winch down the broken piece so early Saturday we'll get a rope on it and fell it. Should make for some fires.

Two trees after this, another damaged Sugar Maple then a Beech which should give us about 3 cord cut this winter.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2504-1.jpg
    100_2504-1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 207
tfdchief said:
Zap, looks like another one broken off there to the left and one behind. You have a gold mine.

tfdchief, if you're talking about the broken pine to the left that was taken care of last weekend and the one behind I almost cut last weekend also but left it.

We have a nice turn around for the rhino there after I cleared the broken off trees.

Zap

i know you probably have this posted somewhere, but how large is your land? haven't seen any timber rats for awhile? my bro had one in his yard that was a 6 pt. the latest i've seen antlers on a deer was in march and no, that was not a mild winter at all

yooperdave said:
i know you probably have this posted somewhere, but how large is your land? haven't seen any timber rats for awhile? my bro had one in his yard that was a 6 pt. the latest i've seen antlers on a deer was in march and no, that was not a mild winter at all

I saw the buck the other day coming up the driveway and he still has his horns.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.