Saturdays Stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Today I stacked the cherry I cut and split last weekend plus pushed in two loads of cherry for burning, attached are some pictures. Next year I'll clear some of the small pine out of the trail to the area I stack in so the truck can get back in.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1947.jpg
    100_1947.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 100_1948.jpg
    100_1948.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 100_1949.jpg
    100_1949.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 415
  • 100_1950.jpg
    100_1950.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 429
  • 100_1951.jpg
    100_1951.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 426
  • 100_1952.jpg
    100_1952.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 410
  • 100_1953.jpg
    100_1953.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 419
Wow. Nice set-up, Zap. I wish I had the space for that operation!

P.S.- What are those green posts, and how did you get them in the ground?

wood-fan-atic said:
Wow. Nice set-up, Zap. I wish I had the space for that operation!

P.S.- What are those green posts, and how did you get them in the ground?

Thanks wood-fan-atic, six foot t-post pounded in with a sledgehammer.

zap

We need a 'smiley' for "Wood Envy". :)

I also envy the appearance of a nice flat stacking area.

Shari

Everything is so parellel , perpendicular , adjacent, and, I'm sure, other mathematical terms that I've forgotten from the 8th grade! :lol:

Shari said:
We need a 'smiley' for "Wood Envy". :)

I also envy the appearance of a nice flat stacking area.

Shari

Shari it use to be the backyard but my wife wanted that area back which turned out great, I have to listen more! :red:

zap

So, by the pictures, it looks like each stack is a face cord? How many cords do you figure you have in that area now and how much do you burn each year? I thought Backwoods had a lot with his 6-7 year surplus. Everytime I think that I have a lot on my little 100x100 urban cubicle I just browse the forum here and just envy you guys. BTW, I have 14 face cords stacked mostly around the perimeter of my yard. I'm hoping that I can squeeze in another 3 so I can have a 2 year supply.

Nice stacks, hope to be as neat as a stacker some day %-P

heatit said:
So, by the pictures, it looks like each stack is a face cord? How many cords do you figure you have in that area now and how much do you burn each year? I thought Backwoods had a lot with his 6-7 year surplus. Everytime I think that I have a lot on my little 100x100 urban cubicle I just browse the forum here and just envy you guys. BTW, I have 14 face cords stacked mostly around the perimeter of my yard. I'm hoping that I can squeeze in another 3 so I can have a 2 year supply.

Backwoods Savage has more wood and can stack wood much better than I can, we have a total of 17 cord looking for 20. We are hoping we burn less then 3.5 cord this winter.

With what we have stacked we should be four years ahead.

zap

CodyWayne718 said:

CodyWayne718 like my neighbor said it's like a puzzle (stacking) you just have to find the right piece and if you can't find it turn it upside down. (The Split)

zap

zapny said:
CodyWayne718 said:

CodyWayne718 like my neighbor said it's like a puzzle (stacking) you just have to find the right piece and if you can't find it turn it upside down. (The Split)

zap

I do that but it still ends up leaning one way or the other lol

zapny said:
heatit said:

Backwoods Savage has more wood and can stack wood much better than I can, we have a total of 17 cord looking for 20. We are hoping we burn less then 3.5 cord this winter.

With what we have stacked we should be four years ahead.

zap

Not so Zap! You do much better....well, maybe except for on the ends. I save the posts for fences. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.