Saturdays Work.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I started just after 9:00 in the morning, the first two pictures are the cherry and the next pics are of quaking aspen. I never did find the third cherry but the quaking aspen will be nice for the shoulder season.

It was about 85 with a nice wind but by 3:30 I had to get out of the woods, just to windy.

Attachments

• 100_1032.jpg
    100_1032.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 100_1033.jpg
    100_1033.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 301
  • 100_1034.jpg
    100_1034.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 302
  • 100_1035.jpg
    100_1035.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 327
Your saw starting to cut crooked?

smokinjay said:

Yes I touched it up but it seemed the same, new chain going on in the a.m.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

You need a grinder as much as your cutting, will pay off big!

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

You need a grinder as much as your cutting, will pay off big!

I thought about it, I had used that saw clearing a path. Most likely I hit the ground with it.

zap

BucksCoBernie said:
Zap how much land do you have up there in NY?

I am thinking he has enough that I could mill a cabin and no one would even know.

smokinjay said:
BucksCoBernie said:

I am thinking he has enough that I could mill a cabin and no one would even know.

We want one also.

The trees were rockin and rolling today with all the wind, smokin I think the reason the saw was cutting crooked was I cut some PINE before the quaking aspen.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
BucksCoBernie said:

We want one also.

The trees were rockin and rolling today with all the wind, smokin I think the reason the saw was cutting crooked was I cut some PINE before the quaking aspen.

zap

You better get that fix before you start on my weekend retreat! lol If you where to build a cabin a mini mill is all you would need and that 390 would pull it off.

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
BucksCoBernie said:

We want one also.

zap

You better get that fix before you start on my weekend retreat! lol If you where to build a cabin a mini mill is all you would need and that 390 would pull it off.

It's funny you mentioned a cabin because my wife wants one in the area I was cutting today, it over looks the river across the road.

zap

KC

Status
Not open for further replies.