SAV vs SOLAR

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The Veteran vs The Young Gun. The Split Off with the date to be announced. What should the rules be for the BATTLE by THE BROOK?

zap

Attachments

• 100_4493-1.jpg
    100_4493-1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 369
Lets make this challenging. All wood must be green 40"+ rounds. Species must be elm or gum. No "split" may exceed 3" wide in order to qualify. Horizontal splitting only.

lukem said:
Lets make this challenging. All wood must be green 40"+ rounds. Species must be elm or gum. No "split" may exceed 3" wide in order to qualify. Horizontal splitting only.

sounds like a double dog challenge zip :cheese:

loon

:lol: And who buys the beer?

Backwoods Savage said:

I'll brew special batches of Horizontal Double IPA and Vertical NA Light just for the occasion :lol:

That sounds good Solar. :vampire:

zap

SolarAndWood said:
Backwoods Savage said:

I'll brew special batches of Horizontal Double IPA and Vertical NA Light just for the occasion :lol:

MMM Horizontal Double IPA !!! :)

Do you have 220 at the brook Zap? Not that I am trying to get out of this, but I only have 200 ft of 10 wire cord.

SolarAndWood said:
Do you have 220 at the brook Zap? Not that I am trying to get out of this, but I only have 200 ft of 10 wire cord.

Me thinks you'll need the genny for this one Solar!

Checking the oil and fueling up a motor to split wood is as foreign to me as sitting on a milk crate. Next thing you know Zap will turn it into a biathlon by introducing stacking between every cord split.

Jags said:
I think I might have to warm up the lawn chair for this one. :cheese:

We need lots and lots of adult beverages.....some bbq too would be nice....let's make it a partay...
:cheese: :lol:

Gamma, b 4 we send out invites we need verification you actually have wood stacked on your property, pics by tonight!

zap

Lets see - we got S&W on the beer, we need to get smokinjay and his chef buddy on the food, we could even get AP's wife to belt out a couple songs with the backing of our many musicians on board.... And I can actually belt out a pretty good announcers voice...

This could turn out to be a real shindig. :cheese:

Jags said:
Lets see - we got S&W on the beer, we need to get smokinjay and his chef buddy on the food, we could even get AP's wife to belt out a couple songs with the backing of our many musicians on board.... And I can actually belt out a pretty good announcers voice...

This could turn out to be a real shindig. :cheese:

Everybody will be eating and drinking and chatting and somebody will come running up and say "You won't believe this but there are two fools down there splitting wood and one forgot his milk crate so he is having to do it standing up!".

Who's making book?

I'll tend bar and the wife will dance. :lol:

Someones gotta invite that new pasturepoultry member to bring the chicks. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.