savagely hacked down with a chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisNJ

Feeling the Heat
Sep 25, 2009
Burlington County
Very nice language usage, you can hardly tell its laden with biased views.

Not sure how a tree is that big of a deal, blocking a view? really? a 50 year old oak is a view. that harbor aint going no where you can always walk to see it. cant really see that tree. unless you look at my floors, countertops, shelving, doors, firewood, etc. they are trees, they do grow back.

I think I will be legal counsel for the trees. Let them have a fair trial. any one thats found guilty i will even offer my services of executioner and undertaker.

I'm on the side of the tree. I think it looked better with the tree there. If they really wanted to improve the view they would leave the tree and bulldoze those hideous looking apartment buildings.

FLINT said:
I'm on the side of the tree. I think it looked better with the tree there. If they really wanted to improve the view they would leave the tree and bulldoze those hideous looking apartment buildings.

+100 :coolsmile: Those f-ing eyesores remind me of stacked 40yd dumpsters with windows.

The place looked alot nicer with the tree. Didn't that take place somewhere that has a Queen????

FLINT said:

Yeah, they look like something from the eastern bloc of yore. Implode them, please, while protecting the trees.

Getting rid of a tree is done in the Seattle area. My little brother lives on Vashon Island and he tells me that several of his neighbors were caught.. They would scar the trunk and spray it with weed killer. The trees would slowly die over a six month time and it would look like a normal, natural death. The trees were pine, about four in all that blocked the view of downtown Seattle from across the sound. It was a economic thing with them because the value of these houses would be increased with a good view of the city. I don't know what the penalty was. David

Got to complete the cost-benefit analysis on this one How many cords did they get and how much coal/oil/gas was replaced?

Those savage beasts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.