Savannah Htg Prod Westpoint Cleaning Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

railfanron

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2013
Perry MI
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbee here. Have been lurking for a month. I have a widow lady whom I help out that has a Westpoint Stove that needs cleaning. I have the manual but it doesn't really have anything in it about cleaning. Is there anybody here with some advice? I just put in a new P43 for myself and cleaning it seems quite simple compared to her stove. Any help will be appreciated.
Ron

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbee here. Have been lurking for a month. I have a widow lady whom I help out that has a Westpoint Stove that needs cleaning. I have the manual but it doesn't really have anything in it about cleaning. Is there anybody here with some advice? I just put in a new P43 for myself and cleaning it seems quite simple compared to her stove. Any help will be appreciated.
Ron
I have the Hudson River West Point. There are two cleanouts on the fire box you will want to get int...there is nothing else to remove to do the cleaning so to make sure I am thorough I do the leaf blower trick....do a search here and on youtube for the specifics. Also once a year I take the combustion motor off and clean the fins ( you will need a new gasket) after the leaf blower trick this has not been necessary

Has she had any trouble with pellets piling up in the burnpot?
Yes she did. The other day it happened and scared the h*ll out of her. She cleaned the stove according to the dealers recommendations (about the same method as you outlined) and all is fine I guess. I'm going to check on her tomorrow. Thanks for your response. I'm kind of miffed that her owners manual says absolutely nothing about doing this cleaning.

Yes she did. The other day it happened and scared the h*ll out of her. She cleaned the stove according to the dealers recommendations (about the same method as you outlined) and all is fine I guess. I'm going to check on her tomorrow. Thanks for your response. I'm kind of miffed that her owners manual says absolutely nothing about doing this cleaning.
Yep not a lot of detailsin the manual...

Next time you see the stove take a close look at the burn pot to see if there is space between it and the holder. I tied a small piece of rope gasket around mine to seal up this gap and now no more pileups whatsoever

This is a pick ....the gasket is literally tied around with a knot....at the knot I supplied a little gasket cement.

Make sure to use a thin gasket so the igniter hole still lines up.

Attachments

• 2013-09-22_07-52-54_459.jpg
    2013-09-22_07-52-54_459.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.