1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Savannah Saranac igniter replacement?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Mr Tibbs, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Member

Loc:
    Utah
    Well, for the second time in three years of owning this stove the igniter has gone out. Last time it was covered under warranty, but I did the replacement. My dealer sucks BAD, and kept stalling on a time to meet and replace the igniter. I ended up getting the new igniter from him and replacing it myself. I now find myself in need of a replacement but dreading going back to that dealer. Is there somewhere easier to order one online? I already know how do to the replacement, just not where to get an igniter.

While doing some searching I am seeing there "super" igniters that are supposed to last 3-5 years. Has anyone with a similar stove replaced the igniter with a new "super" igniter?

I was smart enough to write down all the info I could from the last igniter replacement. Here is the info I have to work with:
    PACROD
    P606E045
    120 Volts
    300 Watts
    6 1/4 inch shaft length
    3/8 inch shaft diameter
    2 wires with a straight shaft

Any info you guys/gals can give me would be of great help. Thanks!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
  3. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Member

Loc:
    Utah
    So, while searching on Grainger.com I think I have found some that will work but I have a few questions.

My last igniter was 6 1/4 inch long, but Grainger only has 6 or 7 inch lengths. Should I get the 7 inch and let it hang out the back end of the igniter housing?
    Also, how much does the wattage rating matter? I see 250 watt and 500 or 600 watt igniters but not 300 watt. Should I stay clear of the higher wattage rating igniters?
  4. SmokeyTheBear

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    The grainger link I gave you was to a 300 watt 6" unit.

Stay away from the high wattage units because the triac that the igniter current will flow through can be damaged.

The 6" one works fine and you can go down to 5" ones. I can't say if the 7" would be fine since I don't know where the back heating section is. The 5" needs to be all the way in.

I currently have a 5" in my Saranac. My first igniter lasted about 3 years.
    heat seeker likes this.
  5. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Member

Loc:
    Utah
    Thanks Smokey, I ordered the 6 inch from Grainger! In the meantime I will continue to manually light the stove when needed. I appreciate the help!
    SmokeyTheBear likes this.
  6. SmokeyTheBear

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Anytime.