Savannah Saranac igniter replacement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Tibbs

Sep 11, 2011
Utah
Well, for the second time in three years of owning this stove the igniter has gone out. Last time it was covered under warranty, but I did the replacement. My dealer sucks BAD, and kept stalling on a time to meet and replace the igniter. I ended up getting the new igniter from him and replacing it myself. I now find myself in need of a replacement but dreading going back to that dealer. Is there somewhere easier to order one online? I already know how do to the replacement, just not where to get an igniter.

While doing some searching I am seeing there "super" igniters that are supposed to last 3-5 years. Has anyone with a similar stove replaced the igniter with a new "super" igniter?

I was smart enough to write down all the info I could from the last igniter replacement. Here is the info I have to work with:
PACROD
P606E045
120 Volts
300 Watts
6 1/4 inch shaft length
3/8 inch shaft diameter
2 wires with a straight shaft

Any info you guys/gals can give me would be of great help. Thanks!!

So, while searching on Grainger.com I think I have found some that will work but I have a few questions.

My last igniter was 6 1/4 inch long, but Grainger only has 6 or 7 inch lengths. Should I get the 7 inch and let it hang out the back end of the igniter housing?
Also, how much does the wattage rating matter? I see 250 watt and 500 or 600 watt igniters but not 300 watt. Should I stay clear of the higher wattage rating igniters?

The grainger link I gave you was to a 300 watt 6" unit.

Stay away from the high wattage units because the triac that the igniter current will flow through can be damaged.

The 6" one works fine and you can go down to 5" ones. I can't say if the 7" would be fine since I don't know where the back heating section is. The 5" needs to be all the way in.

I currently have a 5" in my Saranac. My first igniter lasted about 3 years.

Reactions: heat seeker
Status
Not open for further replies.