Savannah Westpoint Pellet Stove ??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie0664

Jan 1, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
Wondering if anyone knows anything about these stoves (just wondering if their junk or way over rated)?

I bought this stove from a Guy to heat my garage (26 x 24), he bought it a little over a year ago (said he
paid $2800 installed), I got it for $500. He said that he was selling it because it was to big for his house, it got to hot (that struck me a little funny, he had a big house). Anyway, I hooked it up yesterday and it ran on #4 for about 6 hours, it gut the garage comfortable but it wasn't hot by any means, I turned it down to #3 and went into the house for a couple of hours, when I come back out the garage seem to cool down, you could almost
see your breath. That struck me a little funny, I would have thought that stove would have cooked you right out of the garage.
I had a little wood stove (very small) in the garage and within a 6 or 7 hour period it would cook you right out of the garage, I find it funny that a big pellet stove like this wouldn't do the same thing.

With all that being said, I heat my house with a pellet stove (Drolet Eco 45) and my house is 2400 sqft (upstairs and down), the stove is downstairs and on #3 it keep my house very comfortable, about 22 Celsius when
it is around -20 outside. My stove is 45,000 btu and that Sacannah is 65,000, you would think that
stove would cook you out of a 26 x24 garage on #2 setting.

Sorry for the long winded letter, I'm just trying to figure out if I made a mistake taking my wood stove out and putting this thing in.

I tried to do a bunch of research on this thing but I couldn't find much, I don't know if that's a good
thing or bad, you only hear from people when they have a problem, or maybe there just isn't a lot of these stoves out their.

P,S
Are these the same stove as the Hudson River Westpoint stoves?

I have the Hudson River West Point and it should be the exact same stove. I run mine hi/lo level 3 and it heats my entire 2400 sq foot house. Temps vary from 72ish to 66ish in the furthest away room. I could see where it could be too hot for the previous owner. On low this unit still eats more pellets than most others on low. I cannot run continuously on low unless the temps are in the low 30's.

It should heat that garage no problem unless it is very drafty.

Question: How well does your burn pot sit in the cradle? Is there space all around it? If so, there will be significant air bypass which will lead to pellets piling up. I tied rope gasket around the lip to pevent this from happening.

My burn pot seem to be fine, it's not piling up with pellets, it's burning them.

Maybe I just didn't leave it on long enough to warm the garage up good, it was very cold in their, I haven't had a fire on in their in a couple of weeks. I don't heat the garage all the time so maybe it just takes a long time to get the floor and walls up to temperature.

Have you ever had any problems with your stove or anything I should know about. Have you had
good luck with it?

My burn pot seem to be fine, it's not piling up with pellets, it's burning them.

Maybe I just didn't leave it on long enough to warm the garage up good, it was very cold in their, I haven't had a fire on in their in a couple of weeks. I don't heat the garage all the time so maybe it just takes a long time to get the floor and walls up to temperature.

Have you ever had any problems with your stove or anything I should know about. Have you had
good luck with it?

At first my convection blower was bad and would pop my fuse.

If you are not getting any pile ups than you should be in good shape. Piece of cake to maintain.

Hello,

I have the same stove. My burn pot does overfill quite often and i wasn't sure what to do about it. I've used different pellets to see if that could be the cause but it seems more that the burn pot is filling faster then they can burn. I have read that there is a updated control panel for the savannah...is this true? My burn pot does have a little wiggly room but there is rope around the bottom. Should i put more rope so it sits firm?

Status
Not open for further replies.