Saved from the scrapyard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhoff310

Oct 7, 2010
Toledo Ohio area
Was at the scrapyard and managed to save this beauty from being destroyed. It needed some recoil work,tore it down and inspected it looks good, drained the old gas and refilled. It needs a cap, but it runs...still needs a little tweaking. 77cc model

Jeff

Attachments

• bradley1.jpg
    bradley1.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 764
  • bradley2.jpg
    bradley2.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 760
  • bradley3.jpg
    bradley3.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 768
Nice old vintage beast.Bet its got loads of torque.

That's pretty dang cool. Rick

Awesome score, never seen one before!

jhoff310 said:
Was at the scrapyard and managed to save this beauty from being destroyed. It needed some recoil work,tore it down and inspected it looks good, drained the old gas and refilled. It needs a cap, but it runs...still needs a little tweaking. 77cc model

Jeff

Great save jhoff310.

zap

Went to a local repaire shop and he had about 30 -40 old saws simaler to that one on the shelves. I wish I would have had my camera there.

Great find Jeff.

Holy Toledo...nice saw!

MasterMech said:
Any chance of a video of that beast in action?

when I get the carb tweaked to run like it should I will put up a video. I havent had alot oof time to monkey with it this week. I'm hoping to have some time to really work on it and put it thru the paces in the coming weeks as I gear up for wood cutting. I also have another saw I rescued a few weeks back that I want to get running. Its a Skilsaw 1645...that should run like a ***** ape as well

Jeff

I just picked up 3 more old saws today. It is a lot of fun getting them running!

Here is the Skilsaw I picked up a few weeks ago, I gave it a shot of gas and it "popped" so it should fire up. When I get a few minutes I will tear into it and see what it will take to get it going.

Jeff

Attachments

• skilsaw.jpg
    skilsaw.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 412
Dang jeff i just scrapped that last week :) I never realized david bradley made chain saws neat little saw

pretty sure you need intervention......and no one here can help! Great finds.

Status
Not open for further replies.