Savings on DHW for Summer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't you monitor? Monitor the on-time of your oil burner and multiply by the nozzle flow rate. I did it before I ripped out my oil burner.

I can save you the trouble...for just 2 people (baby didn't exist yet) we rocked through 1/2 gallon of oil daily. At TODAY'S price in my area, that is $1.60/day. Call it $48/month.

ac
Can't monitor electric WH, I used 1qt of oil/day with my Toyotomi. I run a Nyletherm for HW now and love the A/C is generates while using about .75/day in electricity.

The fireing rate of the nozzle is at 100psi. I have a sight tube on the oil tank with gallon graduation and marked it monthly and averaged the gallon useage/day.

TS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.