1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Saw Blade Questions

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by wenger7446, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wenger7446

wenger7446 Member

Loc:
    Pottstown, PA
    I have several 7 1/4", 8 1/4" and 10" saw blades that have been heavily used and are dull. Can I get them sharpened? If so, where can I could I get them sharppened at?

Thanks for your help.

Ryan

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    My understanding is that you can get most blades resharpenned, though if they aren't top quality expensive blades it might not be worth it... The challenge is finding out where to take them - I would try calling your local hardware stores or lumberyards and talking to the pro-desk types - if they don't offer the service, they are likely to know who does.

Gooserider
  3. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    Some of the high end retailers will resharpen their blades.

Matt
  4. BillT

BillT Member

Loc:
    Moneta, VA
    I used to have my blades sharpened all the time years ago, till carbide blades came out. That's when the sharpening places started closing up. There are still some around tho. Check with the places mentioned above or check in your local phone book. But before bringing them there, compare the prices between re-sharpening them or just buying new ones. If they are not carbide tipped blades, they really won't last no where as long.

Bill
  5. wenger7446

wenger7446 Member

Loc:
    Pottstown, PA
    Thanks for the great info.

Ryan
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.