Saw Blade Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wenger7446

Feeling the Heat
Dec 13, 2007
Pottstown, PA
I have several 7 1/4", 8 1/4" and 10" saw blades that have been heavily used and are dull. Can I get them sharpened? If so, where can I could I get them sharppened at?

Thanks for your help.

Ryan

My understanding is that you can get most blades resharpenned, though if they aren't top quality expensive blades it might not be worth it... The challenge is finding out where to take them - I would try calling your local hardware stores or lumberyards and talking to the pro-desk types - if they don't offer the service, they are likely to know who does.

Gooserider

I used to have my blades sharpened all the time years ago, till carbide blades came out. That's when the sharpening places started closing up. There are still some around tho. Check with the places mentioned above or check in your local phone book. But before bringing them there, compare the prices between re-sharpening them or just buying new ones. If they are not carbide tipped blades, they really won't last no where as long.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.