Saw chains

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtarbert

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2006
Maryland
Greetings All,
Years ago I dealt with a company named Zipp Penn. They were (are) a discount parts supplier for chainsaw supplies. They sold a chain that was sprayed with carbide particles on the cutters. These chains stayed sharp for a Long time. Does anyone else have any experience with these chains or know what happened to Zipp Penn ?
Mike

never heard of it but would be interested in contact info.

roac said:
I think Zipp Penn is long since dead. I found a thread at arboristsite from 2 years ago that said they were long gone so I think they went out of business. I did find another manufacturer of carbide tipped chains though.

http://www.rapcoindustries.com/

Wow! Carbide chainsaw chain. Anybody know where I could find cast iron chaps to go with it?

That's not a knight in shining armor, its the local tree cutter using a carbide chain

How much for a 72 link?
My land used to be a 3-D archery spot

babalu87 said:
How much for a 72 link?
My land used to be a 3-D archery spot

Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.