Saw choice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minesmoria

Dec 17, 2005
I have a husky 359 with 24' bar two years old, i was looking at getting the 365 or 570 i want to go up toa 28'bar the 365 goes to this and the 570 goes to 32' bar.

Any body used the 365/570 before.

Either saw is capable of handling a 28" bar, though I'd want a bit more displacement were it my saw and I was planning on using the longer bar on a regular basis. 372/575 would be a practical minimum for regular 28" bar use, in my opinion. I tend to prefer aiming for no worse than a 3:1 cc:bar length in inches ratio whenever possible, and when practical a 4:1 ratio. West coast folks can get away with fewer cc:inch of bar, owing to the predominance of softwood trees.

I am on the west cost just cutting all softwood, my 359 with 24 bar works just fine cutting 2-3 foot round logs.

If i did get the 365 0r 570 i would get the muffler walkerized gives another 1/2 hp and engine runs 20 f cooler

Attachments

• logging.jpg
    logging.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 398
Whatever YOU like is always best choice. When looking into your choices compare the Husqvarna 372XP in there with power and weight and price.

Baileys just put out another paper aid showing more supply stock of 372xp s on hand.

$569.95 http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/5342

that is a steal.i wouldn't even consider the other two over that saw for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.