Saw Rack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDC1

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2010
NE Ohio
I have a man cave area in my unfinished basement that doubles as my workshop/storage area. I would like to build a rack to store my growing collection of saws on. Does anyone have any suggestions pr pictures?

JDC said:
I have a man cave area in my unfinished basement that doubles as my workshop/storage area. I would like to build a rack to store my growing collection of saws on. Does anyone have any suggestions pr pictures?

No pics here. But I too, would love to see some. I too have a "Man-Cave" (Pool table, Foose Ball table, Dart Board, Custom 12 ft Long Bar with Custom cut Glass top, with pictures underneath the entire surface). Its in the basement, right next to where my new 30-NC will be located.

Sounds like a Great project..... Where you live abouts? I live in Sullivan Ohio. North East Ohio. If you don't like the weather "Wait 5 minutes, it will change". Got to Love it.

A nice live edge slab shelve makes a great display!

Something like this....

Attachments

• walnut 1.jpg
    walnut 1.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 410
smokinjay said:

Something like this....

thats cool, is it maple?

weatherguy said:
smokinjay said:

Something like this....

thats cool, is it maple?

Black Walnut 2-3/4 thick.

DexterDay said:
...I too have a "Man-Cave" (Pool table, Foose Ball table, Dart Board, Custom 12 ft Long Bar with Custom cut Glass top, with pictures underneath the entire surface). Its in the basement, right next to where my new 30-NC will be located...

Sounds nice. Sure doesn't sound to me like the sort of space where I'd be storing my smelly dirty chain saws. :p Rick

fossil said:
DexterDay said:
...I too have a "Man-Cave" (Pool table, Foose Ball table, Dart Board, Custom 12 ft Long Bar with Custom cut Glass top, with pictures underneath the entire surface). Its in the basement, right next to where my new 30-NC will be located...

Sounds nice. Sure doesn't sound to me like the sort of space where I'd be storing my smelly dirty chain saws. :p Rick

Either there or the dinning room table! (her choice) :coolhmm:

Thanks for the suggestions, my basement is basically a place to tinker in so nothing is finished or even a place where someone would want to hang out for very long, just the way I like it.

Saw this on arboristsite, thought it was a really cool solution.

Attachments

• 0427112056.jpg
    0427112056.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 306
mayhem said:
Saw this on arboristsite, thought it was a really cool solution.

That is cool!

Gret use for one of those really annoying, crotch laden base trumks.

Status
Not open for further replies.