Saw / Splitter Sizing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WhatIsChazaq said:
LLigetfa said:
WhatIsChazaq said:
LLigetfa said:
...rebuilt them with a jug and a slug...

???
If you are going to edit the quoted section, do try to get it right.

Google is your friend... or simply search this board.

jug = cylinder
slug = piston

Pobody's nerfect.

lol Think what he means is if you don't know what it means chose another route.

I simply don't like being misquoted...

Anyway, I was just offering ideas on different search words since big bore kits are often talked about here. Since the original link to Baileys included a jug and a slug, I didn't think I had to elaborate.

(hint: I used "big bore kits" as more search word ideas)

What would drive me nuts with that Baileys deal is to sit on my hands to wait for warranty to run out before souping up the saw. LOL

LLigetfa said:
I simply don't like being misquoted...

Anyway, I was just offering ideas on different search words since big bore kits are often talked about here. Since the original link to Baileys included a jug and a slug, I didn't think I had to elaborate.

(hint: I used "big bore kits" as more search word ideas)

What would drive me nuts with that Baileys deal is to sit on my hands to wait for warranty to run out before souping up the saw. LOL

All righty then I will say it, if you don't know what it means then I would look for another route....

Hi -

I went the Makita 6401 route and really like it. I may buy another if HD has one when I have ready cash... Mine may also get the factory 7900 kit. It's very nice for bucking up decent sixed logs. My son is looking at them now.

ATB,
Mike

It's been a while, the place is ours, the move is done, the gear has been bought...and used.

Stihl MS362 w/ 20" bar...new.
MTD 22 Ton Splitter...got a decent deal on a rental.

I love that saw, turns slices of timber into pretty piles of sawdust faster than I can say "Oh man...this is fun!"

P1070185.jpg

P1070178.jpg

Link to some more of the pics from the first day puttin up firewood.

nice. That's a good combo.

Dang, even the praying mantis wants to run the new 362! I think you'll be happy with your selection

The saw is ok but that Tractor is AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.