saw stuttering when revved up?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
Got to really try my ebay 372XP today and was very impressed.
Love that saw, was a good purchase and did not disappoint.

One question for you fellas, when first started and even a bit after warmed up, if saw is idling and i rev it up to cut it stutters a bit before revving.
Once revved up it has great power and runs like a champ. Let it back to idle and it acts the same way. It would do this each time i started it for a few minutes then run better. If i shut down even for a few minutes it would start this stutter thing again.

Any suggestions? I put a new fuel filter on it and adjusted the carb. The saw came from somewhere in CA and i am @7100 ft. in Wyoming.
Think its elevation related? Not really a big deal more of an annoyance, but would like to find the problem.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Twist the L just a tad counterclockwise and then maybe the T (idle) a little clockwise

HittinSteel said:
Twist the L just a tad counterclockwise and then maybe the T (idle) a little clockwise

I will try that, thanks!

I think I read somewhere that it's pretty normal until the saw gets up to operating temp.
But it it's really bad, try changing up your idle mix like above.

Status
Not open for further replies.