saw the new greenwood yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyny

Feeling the Heat
Nov 16, 2007
upstate ny
I saw the new greenwood working on display at a local fair yesterday. It was great to see the salesman new everything about it. Priced at about 8500. bux. They have made many improvemennts, including return water protection already attached to the boiler a nice feature.I know there are a lot of older greenwood owners here that are very unhappy with the old greenwoods. I wonder if this new one REALLY is improved to the point of trouble free operation, time will tell I guess. the price was not to bad though. Im sitll sticking by my old tarm for now, since it has paid for itself several times over now.

Nice. I have seen the new Greenwood myself and it does seem to be a good unit. Where did you see it at the fair and do you remember wjho the salesman or what company was promoting it?

Nice. I have seen the new Greenwood myself and it does seem to be a good unit. Where did you see it at the fair and do you remember wjho the salesman or what company was promoting it?
it was at the skaticoke fair just outside of troy ny. There was a lot of farm implements and hit and miss engines also. I dont know what salesman it was or even what company, but he had a nice set up in a trailer.

8500 for just a boiler is kind of on the high end of the pricing - isn't it?

It sure seems to be! I am not sure that an electronic controller necessarily makes this a much better boiler.
Time will tell.

I know of several Greenwood boilers that are used to heat large apartment buildings around here. Been in use several years and the LL has been happy with them. Didn't see all of the condensation issues some have seen on here. :confused: He burns large unsplit dry hardwood.

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.