Saw this ad today for pellets.....is this guy for real???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Every dealer I know in my area has PLENTY of pellets, and most are priced from $260-299/ton (and 299 is WAY too high, IMO).

Just saw this ad today in the local rag from a heating company in Goshen, NY:

" Need Pellets? Premium Hardwood Pellets. $335/ton Pick up only...WHILE THEY LAST!" (yes, that last part was in BIG BOLD letters). :gulp:

I called just to find out what brand these gold-plated pellets were, and the response was "Instant Heat".....

I wonder how long he'll have these pellets sitting around for. TSC down the road from him is at $275 plus a $20 off coupon=$255 for the SAME brand pellets, plus Premier and American Wood Fiber.

I dunno....maybe it's just me......... %-P

Nope, it's not you. I'm amazed at what I've seen some trying to sell pellets for and it's usually those who know nothing about pellets or pellet stoves that are trying to make a killing. The bad part is that there are a lot of pellet stove owners that don't do their homework, don't know their pellets and actually pay top dollar for sometimes junk.

I'm so glad that I found this website last year to help me make what I think have been wise and well-informed decisions!

Happy Heating macman!

Steve

Shortstuff said:
....I'm so glad that I found this website last year to help me make what I think have been wise and well-informed decisions!

Happy Heating macman!

Steve

Yep, I agree Steve...this is a great forum for getting info, and helping people out. Happy heating to you too!

If they delivered them, stacked them, and filled my hopper EVERY time it was needed..then maybe...MAYBE

...but then I would have a stranger in the house a couple time a day.

AND cooked dinner for me for a couple months, washed my car, vacuumed my pool, mowed my lawn....lollol They can rot if there 300 or over. :)

strangemainer said:
If they delivered them, stacked them, and filled my hopper EVERY time it was needed..then maybe...MAYBE

...but then I would have a stranger in the house a couple time a day.

He will have them till the middle of winter and someone runs out and has no choice but to pay his outrageous prices.

I sure hope everone buys theres ahead of time, So he doesn't sell a bag of them!

jay

alexei27 said:
...thats a pretty common price on Long Island.

That still sounds VERY high to me. I've seen prices on Craigs list on LI for Amer. Wood Fiber, which is a decent pellet, for $295......still WAY too high, IMO, but still $40 cheaper than this guy in Chester.

Premium Hardwood Pellets. $335/ton Pick up only...WHILE THEY LAST!

At that price, I have a feeling that they'll last a long, long time.

Shop elsewhere.

CygnusX1 said:
Premium Hardwood Pellets. $335/ton Pick up only...WHILE THEY LAST!

At that price, I have a feeling that they'll last a long, long time.

Shop elsewhere.

Yikes! When I first logged onto Hearth.com this spring prices were hovering around 300 but they have been ticking down ever since. 275, 260, 250 or even less with sales, coupons, price-matching, qty discounts etc... $335 is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.