Sawbucks and gang cutting for small wood? Time saver or annoyance?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it , did U use screws or nails ??

Bolts for the 3 cross members with large washers so it folds easily, and countersunk them so they don't stick out at all. The rest is screwed with regular deck type outdoor screws.

Reactions: OldLumberKid
I was thinkin deck screws would be best , plus I have some :)

I have a sawbuck but don't use it for a whole lot of wood. The occasional bunch of branches.

The best way to cut is wait until you have a snow base and you don't have to worry about grounding out your chain. Just buck it all up where it falls.

. . . unless you land your wood right on the edge of a field where farmers have been tossing rocks to the side for years . . . and you happen to be Firefighterjake . . . in which case you will be able to totally frig up your chain. ;)

LOL! Jake, we seem to share the same "luck"! ;)

I really like my saw buck. I doubled up the center x to hold the cut branches. That way I don't have to pick the cut branches off the ground again. photo.JPG

I really like my saw buck. I doubled up the center x to hold the cut branches. That way I don't have to pick the cut branches off the ground again. View attachment 88076

Thumbs up ! looks like very good support for the wood , no falling on your toes :)

Yes I cut between the doubled up x.

Status
Not open for further replies.