Sawdust stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gremar

Feb 5, 2007
Been searching the net for quite a while for information on a new style sawdust stove. The closest thing to it that I can find is called a biomass or biofuel burner and usually has enough btu's to heat a pig farm. :sick: I want to heat 3000 sq ft.
Does anyone know of such a system?

Thanx,
gremar

Gremar,
There have been a few threads running recently about sawdust burners. Nothing that really looks promising except an experiment in Vermont somewhat related using chips.See this link: http://tinyurl.com/22xfef It's part of the recent dust burner threads. Most burners are too large for home use, and scaling them down seems technologically challenging.

Thanx Uncle Rich, It's stuff like that that I find very interesting. I haven't read all of it yet but I suspect it will burn sawdust as well as chips or at least a mixture of the two and who knows what else a person can throw in there :) .

I know a few people in Vermont who have chip gasifiers. They rave about them.

One problem is that you need a uniform-size chip within certain specs. They're not the same as a whole-tree biomass chip, so they're harder to come by.

But it's proven technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.