1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

For Sale Scan 61 wood stove (reburner) and Montgomeryward Franklin antique

Post in 'Articles for Sale/ Wanted, etc.' started by ylekyote, Oct 5, 2013.

1. ylekyote

ylekyote New Member

I have this Scan 61 for sale. It is about 5 or 6 years old and was bought new by the previous owner of my home. He says it burns really good when the vent gets hot, but I have draft issues and it's a pain to get started. I tried a couple of times, but then determined I really don't want a stove in the basement anyway, due to my kids reside there and I don't feel safe with that. I'm going to remove the stove and just patch up the ceiling there, and reuse the vent outside in my greenhouse stove. Asking $300, or will consider trades for guns, ammo, farm equipment, ranch stuff, etc. I live near Silt, CO.

Also, I have the old Franklin Heater too. These words are stamped on the rear:

Montgomeryward Franklinheater
    VMT-21015(or 6)8

I can't tell if the 5 is a 6 or not because it is placed near another structure and I can't move either.

Is this a wood stove, or a coal? I think the previous owner used it to heat his goat house when it was really cold, because it is put up against the back of the pin and has coals in it. It seems sound, other than the door locking hardware is rusty and could use cleaning up. Well, the whole thing could use cleaning up I guess, lol. I was going to start out asking $500 for it. Is it worth this much to anyone you think?

thanks,
    chris

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!