Schematic/plumbing diagram wanted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrod770

Oct 22, 2013
granville, ohio
I'm thinking of going with an eko 40 with about 500 gallons of storage for now. Planning on putting boiler and storage both in detached gargage about 35' away from the house. I will be heating through heat exchanger on top of forced air furnace and also using boiler for DHW. Does anyone have a schematic/diagram of this set up so I can see what all will be needed, plumbing wise, before pulling the trigger?

Thanks.

I'm thinking of going with an eko 40 with about 500 gallons of storage for now. Planning on putting boiler and storage both in detached gargage about 35' away from the house. I will be heating through heat exchanger on top of forced air furnace and also using boiler for DHW. Does anyone have a schematic/diagram of this set up so I can see what all will be needed, plumbing wise, before pulling the trigger?

Thanks.
I have a friend whose about to do a new boiler and your description fits his job exactly. He doesn't know about gassifiers, and I was going to intro them to him. The EKO 40 would fit his application and is the boiler that I was thinking of. I know about the high end machines, but cannot consider them for this installation and won't. I'm hoping to see the schematics if there are some. If not, I can design it for him, making the materials list.

I too used their dieagrams with excellent results. They will also answer questions on the phone. I sent them a picture of my design and the hlped me critique it. I did purchase my return protection and some other things from them too. Good supplier

Who will you be buying your boiler through? They should be able to give you a generic parts list to start with. Loads of plumbing diagrams are also posted all around this place. No two systems are generally the same but you can get pretty close...

Who will you be buying your boiler through? They should be able to give you a generic parts list to start with. Loads of plumbing diagrams are also posted all around this place. No two systems are generally the same but you can get pretty close...

Not quite sure what make I'm going with yet. Way too many choices for way too many prices. Thanks for all of the help.

Not quite sure what make I'm going with yet. Way too many choices for way too many prices. Thanks for all of the help.

Post up some schematics of what you are thinking of, and people here can help you out. That should help you narrow down your choices a little.

Get the absolute largest HX you can or use two and make an "A" frame in the furnace plenum. Someone on here did that. You want to be able to use the lowest temp water possible to heat the house, that way you'll make the most from your storage. 500 gals is a bit small for a forced air system. But better than smolder control ;) w/o storage!

TS

Get the absolute largest HX you can or use two and make an "A" frame in the furnace plenum. Someone on here did that. You want to be able to use the lowest temp water possible to heat the house, that way you'll make the most from your storage. 500 gals is a bit small for a forced air system. But better than smolder control ;) w/o storage!

TS
Interesting. I was thinking just 500 gallons for now and upgrading to 1000 when another 500 tank becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.