schrader fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greythorn3

Minister of Fire
Oct 8, 2007
Alaska
wheelordie.com
i just got a woodstove, well it looks like one, has 8" flue, but says SCHRADER FIREPLACE on the doors. looks like timberline to me, doors dont seem to close tight, seems cheaply built but in good condition.

anyone have one of these stoves? im used to blazeking quality so this lighter feeling stove is new to me gonna maybe use it to heat a shed or part of the barn, not sure yet.

I've seen old Schrader stoves around. They are heavy tanks, but didn't look to special. Moved to the old stoves forum, hopefully you will get a better response here.

wow is this newer the OLD STOVE section? i havent been on in a while.

thanks

some pics there is allot for creosole

Attachments

• schraderwoodstove 001.jpg
    schraderwoodstove 001.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2,737
  • schraderwoodstove 004.jpg
    schraderwoodstove 004.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2,593
  • schraderwoodstove 005.jpg
    schraderwoodstove 005.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 2,122
  • schraderwoodstove 006.jpg
    schraderwoodstove 006.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,872
  • schraderwoodstove 008.jpg
    schraderwoodstove 008.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,884
Webmaster said:
It was a fairly popular stove from about 1978 to 1982.

Although it is called a Fireplace, it's really just a steel stove.

Looks like it definitely doesn't burn clean (was pre-EPA of course)

i think the fool that owned it just didnt know how to use a woodstove. my old blazeking burns good.. but put a idiot at the controls it would look like that.

well i think im gonna put it up for sale and try to get one of them nc30 homedepot stoves, i could use it in the barn, but i would rather have a nice one in the house, to save on fuel oil costs.

I think that Schrader is a Fisher clone (patent infringer). I seem to recall the name in the Fisher biography. Here in the intermtn NW, Schrader (and Timberline) is still used as I have learned, just like the Fisher Stoves.

It seems that it would work fine. I don't think that it is supposed to have gasket material in the door though, they used the Fisher door seal. They are reported to put out a lot of heat. My uncle had timberline similar to that and swore it was an awesome heater. Your model looks like a Fisher Grandpa/ma series stove competitor. It looks like a decent barn heater.

well i put it up there for 300 bones, we will see what happens, thats all i need to get the nc30

Looks just like the one I have in my shop. Wouldn't put it in my house. Heats pretty good. I paid $75.00 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.