Score!!! Found a sheet of Micore for the hearth build

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwhite

Minister of Fire
Nov 8, 2011
North Central Idaho
Stopped by the recycled building materials store to see if they had anything for my hearth build. Lo and behold sitting in the back of the store were some dismantled cubicle partitions. Told the guy I didn't need the frames and asked what he wanted for the boards. $5.00. They have material glued on them which will have to be peeled of but the Micore 300 stamp is on the back. This stuff was nowhere to be had in Idaho. I called every USG distributor. I had no idea what this stuff looked like, if it had not been for the stamp on it I would have mistaken it for cheap particle board made with newspaper. Just a hint for anyone that finds it this way. Not every board had the stamp on it. So if there was nothing to compare it to you could pass it by.

A+ for resourcefulness.

Excellent deal.

If anyone needs any Micore and lives within driving distance of northwest Massachusetts/southwest Vermont, I have nearly a full sheet of 3/4" Micore 300. I'm done with my hearth and I have a leftover piece 43"x96" and another smaller scrap piece. I'd sell them at my cost which was around $45.

Well the material was only glued on the seams on the back side so it came off with no issue. So the plan is to sandwich between plywood and Durock.

Status
Not open for further replies.