Score? or no score????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy118

Sep 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I'm going to look at this stove tomorrow after work. Asked about age of it, the owner just said "it's old". he said it's a model 400 P (and either an "S" or an "I"),, he couldn't make it out. ANy thoughts? He also said it was used until last month when the auger motor died, and he is too up in age to deal with it. No piping included, and it's about 45 miles from my house. I welcome all input!!!

http://binghamton.craigslist.org/for/2897636757.html

John

At that price could be a nice score? Probably just needs cleaning.

Its an older Lopi. Not much here on it. Pretty sure its a manual light analog control. I would see whats available for spare parts before you make the plunge.

If you could get it for $200 and it ONLY needed an auger and some TLC. I think it wouldnt be a bad deal. Most motors can be cross referenced, but Control boards and other items are stove specific.

I would prob give it a go.. For $200. Thats because it doesnt.work and there may be more to it (weak or failing motors, board, pots, warped parts, baffles, burn pot, etc).

It may not even need an auger motor....possibly the vacuum switch hose is plugged, or switch is bad. Still, for the price of an auger motor ($85 from Gleason Avery), if you can get it for that price or less, may be a good score.

thanks guys!!! My son is in the process of buying his first house, and I'm thinking this would be a great gift for him to put in his yet to be new finished basement,,, of course after "Dad" does all the carpentry, plumbing and electric!!

Keep the opinions coming!!!

John

Go for it, you could always drop it by my place. :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.