Score!!!! (update 01/01/12)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome pics ; as usual.
Some "primo" wood there.
Many of us understand breaking the rounds down to manageable pieces, smart move. Your back will thank you.
Great score, lots of hard work , you earned every BTU :)
Good job!

Wow, those look a lot bigger now that you cut them up than they did in the first pic you posted. Thats a huge score.

Thats some beautiful wood there. Love the colors of it and it should make some wonderful BTU's.

Steve, many of us wish we had such wonderful firewood. Keep on and you'll pass a few of us with the size of your wood piles.

After sleeping off New Year's Eve until about 1pm, I took my last ride up to the camp to grab the last of my Red Oak score. Probably about 1/3 cord. All these rounds required the full length of the 25" bar. Big, heavy, solid stuff. Not even the usual rot down by the stump.
DSC06922.jpg

I hope this stump doesn't fall down on the road now that the stem is gone!
DSC06923.jpg

I've got lots of splitting to do now. I think that I'll end up with almost three cords from this for some time in 2015.

Speed is the key ... the moment they said ok on first contact, chain the base to the tractor,slice off the rootball and haul it into the public ROW. By the time the DOT/DPW/HWYDEPT gets there to remove it, you'll have it bucked and loaded.As others have said, NEVER buck more than you can load.

I did some splitting this afternoon. Nice to be able to fill in the stack as I burn this winter. I will probably be burning this in about three years.
DSC06927.jpg

Very nice Steve you are fortunate to have access to so much good free wood!

Stay warm!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.