1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Score !

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Pallet Pete, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Today a lady responded to my craigslist add for downed or dead trees on windrows or wooded areas of farmland. They are 30 minutes away and have an enormous amount of ash that I can cut whenever I want to go out. She was very nice and helpful which I greatly appreciate. :) This is closer than most places I can go cut which are 45 to 1.5 hours away too ! ::-) The only downside is that once it snows my little S10 cant get in there so I got to get it while I can but thats ok cuz the ground is hard so I have a few weeks to get it out hopefully. What a great Day !

Pete

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Oops forgot one ;)

Pete

Attached Files:

3. wishlist

wishlist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    That's a good score Pete. Close to home, ash, and with this cold snap coming the ground will be frozen solid for sure!

Is it just me or does it seem like us Wolverines are really hammering the wood this year? Backwoods Savage has us motivated while others are doing honey do list, crashing rhinos into the woodpile, and even fixing piles from earthquakes ! Ok we will give bogydave a free pass on this one. ;)
    zap, Backwoods Savage and Pallet Pete like this.
  4. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    Nice score Pete! You gave me an idea for scrounging. Could you shoot me a copy, off list, of your Craigs list ad so I steal, I mean borrow, the wording and try my luck.
    aussiedog3 and Pallet Pete like this.
  5. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Pete- craigslist is the best. Getting free wood while helping others wanting rid of it is priceless!
    Thistle and Pallet Pete like this.
  6. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Sure thing Ralphie Boy !

Pete
  7. wishlist

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    Did you get the saw fixed yet? AC where are you???????
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  8. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Yup I used Lock-Tite thread locker on the screws she's a screaming now actually better than before. :)

Pete
  9. aussiedog3

aussiedog3 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Michigan
    I've had a guy about 20 miles away from me copy my craigslist scrounging ad word for word except for his email and phone number of course.
    I was flattered, and emailed and told him so. If I was him I would have asked first if it was ok to copy the ad just out of courtesy, like you have asked to do.
    I would have let, just never hurts to ask first, everybody stays happy.
  10. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    That should hook yo up to get some quality wood.
    Treat them land owners nice, Always check ink even if they say not to.
    Could lead to a secret wood storage location. You might need one with that much wood ;)

Might be tim to invest in some tire chains for the S-10.

My Husqy manual says to :
    Tighten/torque the muffler screws when the saw is hot.
    Might help them stay seated "more gooder" ;)
  11. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

I would still get stuck with chains with those huge ruts in the field. I may try it though just cuz I am stubborn ! You should see how many times I got un-stuck with nothing but firewood under the tires. ;)

Pete
  12. amateur cutter

amateur cutter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    I'm right here fellas, my money says the F 350 & big trailer will drive in & out of there no problem. Where is this place & when do we start? A C
    Pallet Pete and Backwoods Savage like this.
  13. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Pm'd you.
  14. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Well my wife and I went and filled the little truck with nice dry ash today right off the forest floor because there is so much just laying there. It is a interesting ride over the plowed field but well worth it !

Pete

Attached Files:

15. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Mmmmm barkless. That will be some good stuff
  16. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

It was hung up in another tree sideways and dried perfectly without rotting I could not pass it up. ;)

Pete
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  17. wishlist

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    Way to go Pete. I like the barkless stuff. I take it the muffler stayed on this time? :mad: Did AC make a price adjustment or better yet maybe he will stop out and give you a hand? ;)
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  18. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

;lol Yup ran flawless like a champ. I did finally dull the snot out of the chain though been pushing it to see how long it would go. Not bad I must say !

Pete
  19. loadstarken

loadstarken Member

Loc:
    Redmond, WA
    That is a great idea!

Now you won't want to sell your truck. Hehe
  20. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Ya I do ==c I have been burning for a long time and it really is not up to the beating I give it anymore. Its a good truck but old and never intended for what I use it for. I routinely overload the little 4 banger with 1200 lb air shocks on the rear. Its time for an upgrade ;)

Pete