Score !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Today a lady responded to my craigslist add for downed or dead trees on windrows or wooded areas of farmland. They are 30 minutes away and have an enormous amount of ash that I can cut whenever I want to go out. She was very nice and helpful which I greatly appreciate. :) This is closer than most places I can go cut which are 45 to 1.5 hours away too ! ::-) The only downside is that once it snows my little S10 cant get in there so I got to get it while I can but thats ok cuz the ground is hard so I have a few weeks to get it out hopefully. What a great Day !

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_20121231_160757.jpg
    IMG_20121231_160757.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 124
Oops forgot one ;)

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_20121231_160627.jpg
    IMG_20121231_160627.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 155
That's a good score Pete. Close to home, ash, and with this cold snap coming the ground will be frozen solid for sure!

Is it just me or does it seem like us Wolverines are really hammering the wood this year? Backwoods Savage has us motivated while others are doing honey do list, crashing rhinos into the woodpile, and even fixing piles from earthquakes ! Ok we will give bogydave a free pass on this one. ;)

Nice score Pete! You gave me an idea for scrounging. Could you shoot me a copy, off list, of your Craigs list ad so I steal, I mean borrow, the wording and try my luck.

Nice score Pete! You gave me an idea for scrounging. Could you shoot me a copy, off list, of your Craigs list ad so I steal, I mean borrow, the wording and try my luck.

Sure thing Ralphie Boy !

Pete

Did you get the saw fixed yet? AC where are you???????

Reactions: Pallet Pete
I've had a guy about 20 miles away from me copy my craigslist scrounging ad word for word except for his email and phone number of course.
I was flattered, and emailed and told him so. If I was him I would have asked first if it was ok to copy the ad just out of courtesy, like you have asked to do.
I would have let, just never hurts to ask first, everybody stays happy.

That should hook yo up to get some quality wood.
Treat them land owners nice, Always check ink even if they say not to.
Could lead to a secret wood storage location. You might need one with that much wood ;)

Might be tim to invest in some tire chains for the S-10.

My Husqy manual says to :
Tighten/torque the muffler screws when the saw is hot.
Might help them stay seated "more gooder" ;)

That should hook yo up to get some quality wood.
Treat them land owners nice, Always check ink even if they say not to.
Could lead to a secret wood storage location. You might need one with that much wood ;)

Might be tim to invest in some tire chains for the S-10.

My Husqy manual says to :
Tighten/torque the muffler screws when the saw is hot.
Might help them stay seated "more gooder" ;)

I would still get stuck with chains with those huge ruts in the field. I may try it though just cuz I am stubborn ! You should see how many times I got un-stuck with nothing but firewood under the tires. ;)

Pete

Did you get the saw fixed yet? AC where are you???????

I'm right here fellas, my money says the F 350 & big trailer will drive in & out of there no problem. Where is this place & when do we start? A C

Well my wife and I went and filled the little truck with nice dry ash today right off the forest floor because there is so much just laying there. It is a interesting ride over the plowed field but well worth it !

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_20130101_124040.jpg
    IMG_20130101_124040.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20130101_133709.jpg
    IMG_20130101_133709.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 102
Way to go Pete. I like the barkless stuff. I take it the muffler stayed on this time? :mad: Did AC make a price adjustment or better yet maybe he will stop out and give you a hand? ;)

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Way to go Pete. I like the barkless stuff. I take it the muffler stayed on this time? :mad: Did AC make a price adjustment or better yet maybe he will stop out and give you a hand? ;)

;lol Yup ran flawless like a champ. I did finally dull the snot out of the chain though been pushing it to see how long it would go. Not bad I must say !

Pete

That is a great idea!

Now you won't want to sell your truck. Hehe

That is a great idea!

Now you won't want to sell your truck. Hehe

Ya I do ==c I have been burning for a long time and it really is not up to the beating I give it anymore. Its a good truck but old and never intended for what I use it for. I routinely overload the little 4 banger with 1200 lb air shocks on the rear. Its time for an upgrade ;)

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.