score!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
just got my friend 3/4 of a truck load all maple and oak
will post pics as soon as i can early est 3.75 to 5.5-6 cords
the driver claims 4.5-5 we will see
price 150
he assures me its quality stuff (meaning nothing over 18-24 dia)

What kind of truck?

iceman said:
price 150

That's one helluva deal! Send him to Carver!!

Ray

raybonz said:
iceman said:
price 150

That's one helluva deal! Send him to Carver!!

Ray

he is unloading now... i wish i was there but my friend is very excited

Why is anything over 18 - 24" diameter not quality?

Hogwildz said:
Why is anything over 18 - 24" diameter not quality?

most people around here (loggers, whoever ) consider it for the "homeowner" smaller dia can sometimes sell more because its easier for the homeowner vs the mamoth supersize trunk stuff.. so for a gy with just a saw and maul/small splitter some people try to get more by bringing smaller size stuff... the guys with the machines don't care what size it is as the are picking it up and placing it on a conveyor belt...

my friend did get some pieces he said look pretty big but he said he can definitely manage it.. so i am assuming it could be 24-36 in dia because his saw is only 18

one day my wood guy called us over to get some wood and when we got there a piece was lying on the ground had to be at least 50 across ..we just looked at him with the 18 that we brought and laughed ... thank god he is the professional and had some giagantic thing to cut it up for us

got a pic doesn't look like much but at the end the hits a hill so alot of wood you can't see but this is what he sent me and he is happy so i guess it must be better than what it looks

Attachments

• 2CA08TKEL.jpg
    2CA08TKEL.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 424
Is that a basketball goal on the right? If so, nice large pile of wood to have fun with.

pinewoodburner said:
Is that a basketball goal on the right? If so, nice large pile of wood to have fun with.

yeah it is lol
he called and said there is 18 pieces at least 12 feet long

iceman said:
pinewoodburner said:

yeah it is lol

Looks like a good deal to me.. Wonder how many cords are there?

Ray

raybonz said:
iceman said:
pinewoodburner said:

yeah it is lol

Ray

we are guessing 4-5
not bad 4=$37.50
5=$30

my friend was soo happy he gave him an extra 40 ( it was pitch black when the guy was unloading and he had to drive about 50 miles rd trip so he gave the extra for his gas tank)

iceman said:
raybonz said:
iceman said:
pinewoodburner said:

yeah it is lol

Ray

we are guessing 4-5
not bad 4=$37.50
5=$30

my friend was soo happy he gave him an extra 40 ( it was pitch black when the guy was unloading and he had to drive about 50 miles rd trip so he gave the extra for his gas tank)

Haven't heard of any deals like that out my way but maybe someday! I already bought 3 cords of oak cut and split and it's all stacked.. Not cheap but lots of heat for sure... I have done tree length before and it is lots of work to say the least.. Even buying it cut and split is much cheaper than heating with oil..

Ray

raybonz said:
iceman said:
raybonz said:
iceman said:
pinewoodburner said:

yeah it is lol

Ray

we are guessing 4-5
not bad 4=$37.50
5=$30

Haven't heard of any deals like that out my way but maybe someday! I already bought 3 cords of oak cut and split and it's all stacked.. Not cheap but lots of heat for sure... I have done tree length before and it is lots of work to say the least.. Even buying it cut and split is much cheaper than heating with oil..

Ray

oh yeah its definitely cheaper and saves alot of time

iceman said:
raybonz said:
iceman said:
raybonz said:
iceman said:
pinewoodburner" date="1207268232 said:

yeah it is lol

Ray

we are guessing 4-5
not bad 4=$37.50
5=$30

Ray

oh yeah its definitely cheaper and saves alot of time

Do you or your friend have a splitter? It would be great if you went half on a good one then helped each other cutting and splitting.. Yeah I can picture myself in that situation and probably drinking too much beer and chopping my fingers off lol... Probably a good idea I buy it cut and split haha..

Ray

Hard Woods said:
Who did you end up using Ice?
that was from a friend for a friend
are you interested? i do have someone that may be close to you who would do it.... but it won't be 150 prolly 350-400 for a truck load

I am good for this year..... I will let you know in the fall! There is a guy around here who does 30-40 a cord but they are yard tree's..... I am going to see what my buddy who has a tre co can drop off in the fall. He got rid of his log truck, so it would be chunks from a big dump. Should be more manageable!

Status
Not open for further replies.