Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmo6108

Nov 24, 2015
Northampton, Britain
Just scored a free cord of eucalyptus. The wood had been C/S/S for 18 months in a ladies garden who, after all that work (by her husband) heard that both fir and eucalyptus were not suitable for indoor burning. In-fact because of the "oils 'n' stuff" it was going to cause a chimney fire in short order.

In the interest of fairness (I felt a bit bad taking this hard won wood) I did try to educate her to the fact that it was not going to be a problem in-fact I planned to burn it myself in my little wood burner. I thought she might change her mind on giving it all away. I was surprised by the reaction, I was met with incredulity and some minor telling off!

All the better in my woodpile I suppose. I just checked a few splits, sitting at 18% average, so by the end of the summer it will be perfect!

[QUOTE="Simmo6108, post: 2083560, member: I was met with incredulity and some minor telling off![/QUOTE]

She told you off ? Wow that's rude especially since you were only trying to be helpful. I'd go back this winter and rub it in how nicely that wood is heating your house and how it burns so well !

Reactions: D8Chumley
I would have them over to set by the stove and sever them spam spam and spam.

Good score...their loss and lack of knowledge is your gain.

Perception is reality. Their perception is there loss and reality is ur gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.