Score!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbavh

Feeling the Heat
Oct 22, 2008
NJ Piney
I was out taking down a big ole pine at a friends house when... Along comes a fella who asks me if I'm looking for wood? Well it just so happens I was. I followed him to his house... He is taking down 30+ good sized Oaks. Take all you want he says. I told him I would take all of it, he only asked that I pile up the branches nice for him.
NO Problem!!!!!

Here is the start of what is going to be a VERY BIG Pile!

Attachments

• DSC01018.JPG
    DSC01018.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 552
And my little helper...

Attachments

• DSC01014.JPG
    DSC01014.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 539
Boy, us pine-burners are coming into some of the good stuff lately. Great score!

Nice score to the the both of you...never had the pleasure of burning oak.

That is a great score.

I was driving down the NJ turnpike near trenton and noticed a huge parcel they were dropping all the trees. Look like alot of good wood, but I couldn't stop - working.

When I got to VA, they are putting an extra lane on the beltway and clearing alot of wood, it's there for the taking. I brought home a load of oak from my brothers, he dropped 5 nice size oaks - that I plan to get all of. He dropped it last Sept. Split easily and is drying out nicely.

Thanks!
I plan on adding to the pile this weekend. I'll post some more as the pile grows.

I can no longer say I never come across free oak!

Bubbavh said:
Thanks!
I plan on adding to the pile this weekend. I'll post some more as the pile grows.

I can no longer say I never come across free oak!

You're gonna be spoiled now that you have oak to burn!! Great score for sure...Cute kid too btw :)

Ray

just please please show more pics its what keeps up going.... pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.