score!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fran35

Jan 10, 2011
PA
I work on a military base and just talked to the forestry manager. They have a huge pile of red oak/black oak/maples year round and they charge $10 per pick up truck load/unlimited loads. I have a tiny Ford Ranger short bed P/U, but that is still a deal. Now all I have to do is build some side rails for the bed and I should be able to get almost a standard truck load.

Don't kill your truck. Sounds like a great deal. I wonder if other bases do this? Sounds cheap enough to me.

+1 Basswidow.......rent a $20 a day truck with a 8ft bed. Get three sheets of plywood and cut them to fit around the wheel well and for the front of the bed. Load-er-up and watch the leaf springs......when they are close to maxed out stop and make a delivery to your house. Better yet now thinking.....rent a 16" box truck for local use. You can load that like a champ. Ask them at the base what a 16' truck will run ya to fill-er-up. I would guess no more that two 8' loads. Maybe $30 a load max.

Status
Not open for further replies.