Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack768

Sep 13, 2011
Long Island
Spotted a tree service taking down a maple (not sure what kind) a quarter mile from my house this morning. Ended up with this, at a cost of $0 and the gas it took to drive my SUV a quarter-mile twice. This is the second time in a year tree services have taken down trees within half a mile of my house and the results have ended up on the woodpile.

CL is great, but free wood five houses away, where I don't need to spend $50 in gas to get $50 worth of wood, is even better. LI is extremely productive ground for those interested in free firewood.

Attachments

• Wood.jpg
    Wood.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 198
Looks like either red or silver maple, great shoulder season wood. Get it split up, it'll season quick and you could probably be using it this winter or spring.....nothing like a local score!

Spotted a tree service taking down a maple (not sure what kind) a quarter mile from my house this morning. Ended up with this, at a cost of $0 and the gas it took to drive my SUV a quarter-mile twice. This is the second time in a year tree services have taken down trees within half a mile of my house and the results have ended up on the woodpile.

CL is great, but free wood five houses away, where I don't need to spend $50 in gas to get $50 worth of wood, is even better. LI is extremely productive ground for those interested in free firewood.

Tha math surely points out the benefits! Nice going Jack.

Free BTUs
Close to home is always a good scrounge.

News reported LI had some bad winds a few days ago, hope you didn't get damage.

LI is extremely productive ground for those interested in free firewood.

You are absolutely right about that. There are tree service companies EVERYWHERE. I am forever seeing wood plies everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.