Scored a free load of oak today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halligan

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2012
Southeastern Massachusetts
Got a call from a source I have and grabbed load of pin oak. Now I need to split it up.

Attachments

• 774.JPG
    774.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 151
Beautiful. That should split nicely for you too. But first, you have to lift one of those logs over your head.

Beautiful. That should split nicely for you too. But first, you have to lift one of those logs over your head.

Ha, I had to cut those big rounds in half in my driveway. The big rounds were close to 35'' long and I'm guessing they weighed 400-500 lbs. A friend loaded them into my truck with his Kubota. When I was rolling one out it had a knot the size of a fist on the side and with all the weight concentrated on it I put a nice dent in my tailgate. Figures, my new trailer should be built and ready for pick up next week which would have saved the tailgate.

For sure those can be heavy buggers. Sad to hear about the dent though.

Nice score! Too bad about the dent, it happens to us wood-a-haulics though. Be well

I see from your sig that you drive a dodge, i drive a ford and the bed is so dinged up its ridiculous, i have a spray in bed liner that was there when i bought it, and it has taken a beating. Trucks, at least my half ton, seem to be gettin tinny.
Nice load of wood by the way!

I see from your sig that you drive a dodge, i drive a ford and the bed is so dinged up its ridiculous, i have a spray in bed liner that was there when i bought it, and it has taken a beating. Trucks, at least my half ton, seem to be gettin tinny.
Nice load of wood by the way!

Yup it's a doge and I've got the Line-X in it. I agree the sheetmetal on trucks is thinner these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.