Scored a little bit of wood today.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

certified106

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2010
Athens, Ohio
So one of the guys down the road who has given me free wood called a day or two ago and said he took down a small tree and had it bucked up to the 16" pieces I liked and was wondering if I wanted to come pick it up. I'm pretty sure it was a Boxelder tree and I didn't really need it but hey it was already cut and in a pile waiting on me so what the heck. Now I have to get it stacked tomorrow if I can find the time.

2012-11-07_17-07-21_660.jpg

Free wood = blessing from above!

why... why r there not more people willing to cut free wood.....:)

Reactions: certified106
Looking good...my back has been holding me up on scrounges for a bit. It bites having to pass on some really nice hauls because I cant swing the saw around like I used to... Now getting one already cut up is a different story...

Well I got the trailer load of wood split up this evening and was going to take pictures but it was pitch black by the time I got done! I hate the time change, maybe I need to set up flood lights so I can get the load off the truck split up!

Nice haul certified. The lights sound like a good idea. Get the big ones up on a 60 foot tall pole that they use to light up the local high school football field. They turn night into day and then you can split at night and more importantly take pics anytime 24/7 and show us that work you did. ;lol

Reactions: certified106
Nice haul certified. The lights sound like a good idea. Get the big ones up on a 60 foot tall pole that they use to light up the local high school football field. They turn night into day and then you can split at night and more importantly take pics anytime 24/7 and show us that work you did. ;lol
Man that would be great think of how much more productive I could be in the evening...... I would just need a second job to pay for the diesel to run it lol!

Looking good...my back has been holding me up on scrounges for a bit. It bites having to pass on some really nice hauls because I cant swing the saw around like I used to... Now getting one already cut up is a different story...

After a nasty motorcycle accident (that wasn't my fault) I had about a year long period where I wondered if I would ever pick up a saw again. Spent three weeks straight laying in the middle of the living room floor and just about crawling to the bathroom so I know what it can be like! It still isn't right but I have learned ways to work with it like using the splitter in a vertical position ( threw that in for backwoods cause that's how all the cool kids split):cool: . Hang in there I hope it gets better!

Status
Not open for further replies.