Scored some cuts from 7 trees taken down to make way for public library in town.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
I was driving down through town, saw some fellers dropping trees. Asked where the logs would go. Guy gave me bosses #, I called, he said "how bout $100.00"? I said,
"how much to deliver?" He said " how bout $150.00?" I said "Sold!".
Looks like maybe 3 cords?. Anyways for $150.00 I am happy. And delivered to my house.

Running for saw blades fro yesterdays project. I Stopped at the local hardware store, and relieved them of their growing pallet pile. They are happy to see me, I am happy to take the free pallets off their hands! Free kindling. And mostly Oak, some poplar and pine, but mostly oak.
Life is good this weekend.
Got Kindling?

Attachments

• Scored some cuts from 7 trees taken down to make way for public library in town.
    150 wood delivered.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Scored some cuts from 7 trees taken down to make way for public library in town.
    got kindling.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 237
That looks like a real pile, plus delivered. That saved a whole lot of effort.

johnsopi said:
That looks like a real pile, plus delivered. That saved a whole lot of effort.

I'm a happy camper. There are some serious size cuts at the end. I might break down and get a Ryobi splitter. I actually chipped a couple splits of one large. But thats all I have tried so far.

You could rent a gas splitter for a day or two to get the big ones down to size.

earthharvester said:
You could rent a gas splitter for a day or two to get the big ones down to size.

Around these parts, renting a splitter say like 3x = a new Ryobi splitter :)

Roospike said:
"Feeding the Summit" looks to be a good deal.

Well shes gonna have to wait till next year for this stuff. Just cut down about 4 days ago.
I do have a 40 x 40 barn, nothing in it. Think its my new log shed now :)

Hogwildz said:
earthharvester said:

Scratch that idea

earthharvester said:
Hogwildz said:
earthharvester said:

Scratch that idea

Actually for the $299.99, the Ryobi ain't a bad deal. I have a crappy back, and some days I just can't swing that maul very long.
Of course lifting those monsters up to splitter will still hurt, but its got to be done. Plus, I always need a new toy. Keeps me feeling like a kid.

Hogwildz,

Search eBay for Home Depot coupons. I don't know where folks get these coupons but you can buy yourself a 10% or 20% off coupon for $5 or $10.

10% off that Ryobi would save you $30, double it if you score a 20% off.

So far my Ryobi has split every oak round I can get up on it. I'm still ecstatic about mine. It finally failed me on a chunk of Elm, but I only had that single log. I've split a crapload of oak. Too bad you aren't close - I'd loan it to ya for a test drive.

wahoowad said:
Hogwildz,

Search eBay for Home Depot coupons. I don't know where folks get these coupons but you can buy yourself a 10% or 20% off coupon for $5 or $10.

10% off that Ryobi would save you $30, double it if you score a 20% off.

So far my Ryobi has split every oak round I can get up on it. I'm still ecstatic about mine. It finally failed me on a chunk of Elm, but I only had that single log. I've split a crapload of oak. Too bad you aren't close - I'd loan it to ya for a test drive.

Much appreciated advice. Actually I am at the HD here so much, they all know me LOL. Sad, but true.
One even put a 10% off coupon in my cart while I was looking at some recessed lighting cans.
They even mail me them every month or two. I bought Dupont laminate flooring. 800sf, regularly $75.00 per 20sf carton.
The had a 20% off sale, and I used a 10% off coupon and saved 30%. was a great buy, saved just under $800.00. Now if I can just get that addition finished.
Lots of supplies laying everywhere. Waiting on running ductwork to addition, that also means I will be zoning the main & addition. Got a quote for $5900.00
Just not in the budget. May be learning, tackling that myself also.

Status
Not open for further replies.