Scored some free FyreWrap, How should I use it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreezon

Aug 7, 2009
Peoria, IL
So I'm working on the install of my Fireview. I was using the equipment of a local HVAC contract to bend my block-off plate when they gave me a large piece of FyreWrap insulation blanket. It's 1.5 inches thick and, I believe, 2' by 12'—way more than I need above the block off plate.

Does anyone know about this stuff? The web site says it can withstand 2 hours of exposure to direct flame, but they don't list a temperature rating.

My liner kit includes an insulation wrap, but are there other places I could use the FyreWrap since I have it? At the top of the chimney for instance? Should I stuff a bunch of this around the lower end. Would it really do any good or just make me feel good?

winter pants?

Very nice. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.