scored some red oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scjotulman

Dec 8, 2013
Greenville, sc
My neighbor had a red oak cut down it took about a week after work to split but I ended up with a half cord. He even had it dropped in my yard.

Attachments

• 20140518_170948.jpg
    20140518_170948.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 151
You'll have to see, some of those splits aren't small, but it might be getting pretty dry in two years in your moderate climate. I'll be stacking a bunch of dead Red/Black this summer, split medium, and hoping two summers will get it...

I just finished my first year of burning. I have about 2 cords cut 2 years ago split 6 months ago that I will use next year so this bunch won't be used until 2015 / 2016. I don't know how much wood I will burn in a normal season. I am working on getting 3 years ahead.

That's a nice neighbor that even puts it in the yard for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.