scored some wood less than 1 mile from my business

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

facemire21

Dec 6, 2010
Frederick MD
1st of 4 or 5 loads ( don't know how much is still left at this place ) all for free..

Its funny when you ask nicely you might get what you want!

i will have to take some wood off this trailer as i think i'm maxed out.

main.php

facemire21 said:
1st of 4 or 5 loads ( don't know how much is still left at this place ) all for free..

Its funny when you ask nicely you might get what you want!

i will have to take some wood off this trailer as i think i'm maxed out.

main.php

Nice score, what type of wood is it?

Zap

zap

most of it looks like cherry but i'm a rookie at wood id's

i'll split a piece tonight and post a pic.

I went back to the site today to speak with the construction crew and they said that they have to bring down another tree which i could have as well.

facemire21 said:
zap

most of it looks like cherry but i'm a rookie at wood id's

i'll split a piece tonight and post a pic.

I went back to the site today to speak with the construction crew and they said that they have to bring down another tree which i could have as well.

I've been cutting downed Cherry for two years and by the picture it looks like something other than Cherry but still a great score.

Zap

It will be interesting to see what this wood really is then. Can't wait...this year o caught the wood-burning bug

Ask nicely and get a great load of wood! I like that. The trailer is probably close to max but I'd move it as is; just slowly. It is not cherry but it is difficult to tell what wood it is by the pictures. But then, I find that normal. For me anyway, it is difficult to tell lots of wood just from pictures. Even looking at web pictures when you do a search, some just do not look right. But then, some pictures are so plain that you know immediately what it is. Still funny some of the guesses we see on here, but people do learn over time.

Nice score!!! It's great when it is so close by..

Ray

Nice score. Always nice when it is REALLY local.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.