Scoring some free pine slabs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suprz

Sep 24, 2012
Rhode island
Got a line on some pine slabs for free this weekend. I was told they are one year old. They should split up nice and make for ALOT of kindling if nothing else next year

Good score suprz. Glad to hear you got some free BTUs. Make sure it is at least a year old though before you start burning. I use pine slabwood mixed in with my hardwood. I bought some from an Amish fellow last year around this time. You want to make sure it is good and dry. If you split it up too small it will burn away super fast. I leave it in pretty good size chunks when I put it in the boiler.

They will make kindling and you can also burn it along with the other wood. Just don't fill the stove with the pine and all will be well.

Kindling & 1 off fires.
Pictures of the "nice score" ? :)

Well, i called the guy today as he requested and asked him what time i could come by tomorrow and he told me the slabs were gone!!!.... Oh well.... I guess there will be more

Well, i called the guy today as he requested and asked him what time i could come by tomorrow and he told me the slabs were gone!!!.... Oh well.... I guess there will be more
Thats happened to me a couple times, I kick myself fot not getting out there quicker but sometimes you just cant. I missed out on over 1/2 cord of red oak just bucked because I waited a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.