screening your pellets for fines

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chipsaway

Jan 11, 2010
western pa
does anybody out there screen their pellets for fines and if so what is your method??? thanks

I built a vacuum pellet cleaner, and use it on every bag......MUCH less dust flying in the house since i started that. Yes, one more step involved with filling the stove, but it was worth it to me.

I can post pics of mine if you want.

As imacman says and does, I also vacuum every bag I use and it is one less thing to worry about.

Or you can go this route and put your bag on the top shelf, let the pellets slide down some window screen you have stapled to the square pieces of wood on either side and push them into a waiting bucket or coal hod.

www.pensandcalls.com/pellet_cleaner.rtf

Status
Not open for further replies.