Screw holes exposed on my interior double wall pipe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charly

FireView is on my hearth . So now being the Fireview is lower then my Quad 5700, I had to pull more of the adjustable pipe down then before, so now I'm looking at a bunch of screw holes. What to do. Keep the pipe and just install some black screws to fill the holes?

FireView is on my hearth . So now being the Fireview is lower then my Quad 5700, I had to pull more of the adjustable pipe down then before, so now I'm looking at a bunch of screw holes. What to do. Keep the pipe and just install some black screws to fill the holes?

If you used short enough screws I doubt they punctured the inner wall if that is what you are worried about. Sliding the pipe should cover any holes if you did. If the aesthetics are bothering you then put some short screws in there for looks. That pipe is not cheap.

Reactions: hilbiliarkiboi
Vs a new piece, I wood

Vs a new piece, I wood
Just the outer pipe has the holes. So I will get a few extra short black screws and fill the holes. 150 dollars to get another Excel pipe. I'll go with the screws! Probably could even smudge some furnace cement in the holes and then wipe the pipe quick with a damp rag, to avoid some odd looking screw placement. Tomorrow I fire up the FireView for some break-in fires.

I did an experiment once and ended up with holes as you describe. The holes are small and dar, you will soon not notice them.

Reactions: charly
A couple screws aren't going to bust the bank so why not get them and it will look better to you. Nobody else would probably notice them but you will.

A couple screws aren't going to bust the bank so why not get them and it will look better to you. Nobody else would probably notice them but you will.
I just left the little holes, they're only in the outside pipe on the double wall. You can't even really notice them. I might hit them with some black furnace cement. Like on a tooth pick or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.