Screwdriver

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mobetter

Dec 17, 2008
Indiana
Here is a pic of the "screwdriver" I made for my Wife about 12 years ago.
It's a long story, I was up for the weekend fire watch at the plant "insurance reasons".
I had 2 12 hour shifts and nothing to work on so I ask her what she wanted me to make for her (I'm a millwright/toolmaker)
She asks me to make her a hammer, I said been there done that. So she asks me to make her a screwdriver.
Here's what i brought home, we still call it "the screwdriver" and when someone hears us call it that I have to tell this story over and over.

OK, I read it three times and I still don't quite get why it's called a screwdriver. I get that you're a toolmaker, that a screwdriver is a tool, and that it has wheels... dunno where I'm going with this.

It's quite simple, after the first 12 hour shift of being on fire watch I was bored out of my skull.
I asked the little woman what she wanted me to make for her. She requested a hammer, I have made many hammers, that would also be boring,
So she asked for a screwdriver, I have a hundred of screwdrivers, but needed a log caddy. We still call this log caddy "The Screwdriver"! Easy huh?

Government job. No problem here, I get it. Maybe it's the north of the border thing.

KC

I got it the first time around. Nice job on the log tote/cart, cool story behind it, cute name for it. Thanks for sharing that with us here. Rick

Hon, could you bring me the screwdriver? Please...
Then she shows up with the wood wheelie.

Maritial communication at its best. LOL

A nice design. Bet it is voice activated.
Hon, we need more wood! Please...

The screwdriver arrives full of wood by
a smiling wife.

I am building one too! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.