Scrounge alert in Absecon NJ

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyD

Minister of Fire
Jun 15, 2008
South Jersey
Scrounge alert in Absecon NJ, I just finished taking about 2 1/2 cords from this home and there is close to another cord there. I took a picture but it is hard to tell how big this stuff is. The round on the left which looks like a stump but is a round is probably 28" across, I'm guessing your going to have to noodle it to move it. There are four more larger then 22+" rounds not in the picture that I cut to about 18" length. If you want to PM me I can give you the details The homeowner was a big help to me loading my stuff aslo.

2012-11-04_14-01-50_934a.jpg

Reactions: ScotO
One bump for anyone who missed it.

Yes this was a good one. Bumped me to the point where I am good through the 2015-16 season.

nice score....i find that when i cut alone....the bigger the stump, the shorter the round gets. much easier to pick up and maneuver.

cass

My phone is being rediculous and won't let me pm you, could you email me at [email protected]? I live in Absecon and was disappointed with how little there was to grab, I guess last wind storm knocked down all the weak trees.

There was a nice sized oak that had to be craned off a house near me but by the time I could get in touch with the home owner there was already a guy there with a probably 5cc saw trying to buck it. I offered to cut it for him but he got all defensive thinking I wanted his wood. Poor guy is probably still there struggling.

"tcassa down vau the gh, post: 1232022, member: 13279"]nice score....i find that when i cut alone....the bigger the stump, the shorter the round gets. much easier to pick up and maneuver.

cass[/quote]

My phone is being rediculous and won't let me pm you, could you email me at [email protected]? I live in Absecon and was disappointed with how little there was to grab, I guess last wind storm knocked down all the weak trees.

There was a nice sized oak that had to be craned off a house near me but by the time I could get in touch with the home owner there was already a guy there with a probably 5cc saw trying to buck it. I offered to cut it for him but he got all defensive thinking I wanted his wood. Poor guy is probably still there struggling.

"tcassa down vau the gh, post: 1232022, member: 13279"]nice score....i find that when i cut alone....the bigger the stump, the shorter the round gets. much easier to pick up and maneuver.

cass
[/quote]

Sent an email, let me know if you don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.